Friday, April 24, 2009

What I am supposed to be doing.....

I should be done writing a talk for the adult session of stake conference. I have had three weeks to do it. That's not to say that I haven't thought about it. Or heck even looked up things on the Internet, but actually writing things down is only about 15% done.

But instead of that I am mowing my lawn and fixing my lawnmower, food shopping, going out to lunch with my sisters. And a little more shopping trying to prepare for the upcoming canning season. And tonight we have a ward activity.

Since being in the Stake Primary Presidency, I have really tried to give talks that the spirit prompts me to talk about. And not to have per-say a written talk. It has been quite alright, only because I either just bore my testimony or talked about the scouting program. Or held up a picture that went along with that months primary theme.

Do you think that it would be o.k. to hold up pictures in Stake Conference?
Yeah your right, I would need a really big picture. Of course I don't remember seeing a picture on "Teaching our children to be self-reliant."
Yep, that is the theme of my talk. Good luck me.
I

No comments: