Monday, February 23, 2009

What the....

Teething + Amoxicillian resistant bacteria+ no fever(or crankiness)= Ruptured eardrum.

He was fine on Saturday. Honest. We went to Will's game and then to my mom's house and he crawled all around and hung out with his cousins. Who would have thought that he was getting an ear infection? We just finished a round of antibiotics on Thursday.
So I ended up skipping our sacrament meeting (not like I had two other that I needed to go to), and took Josh to the insta-care. Where I learned that the infection was resistant to the antibiotic and that it did nothing but give him diarrhea. So they gave me a new prescription of Augmentin and cultured his goop coming out of his ear. Just to make sure that this infection was an Augmentin resistant strain!
Then on to the fun part. Having to go and fill the prescription. I hate having to go to the store on Sunday.Well I ended up at the Walmart pharmacy just as they were opening. Josh was asleep in my arms and the lady at the counter said that it would be 40 minutes. O.k. I will just sit here and try not to fall asleep. 30 minutes later she calls my name and tells me that they don't have his strength of med. So now I need to go someplace else. So I ended up at Walgreen and have his med. in 5 min. Guess where I am going to go for out next prescription needs?

No comments: